none
Issue while Recovering the Data from DPM Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• HI Guys

I have a DPM servers which runs on DPM 2019 .

Backups are happening fine. However, i have an issue with the recovery i am getting below mentioned error while recovering the data . 

I have looked out for some articles related to this and found on as below.

https://www.techyv.com/questions/dpm-cannot-browse-contents-virtual-machine/

However, this doesnt seemed to solve the issue because there is no such registry key for DPM 2019 servers that i have.

Sai

Thursday, August 6, 2020 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Sai,

There are certain conditions where ILR of a Virtual Machine doesn't work in DPM which are as follows:

1. The VHD contains a dynamic disk inside the guest OS.
    2. VHD has no volume in the Guest.
    3. Guest OS has deduplicated volumes.

These are unsupported scenarios for ILR of a VM, please verify these details. Thanks.

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:15 PM
  • HI Aayoosh

I confirm this, There is no such thing which you have listed.

Also, this is not just on One server. It is happening on all the servers that is under this DPM Server.

Sai

Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:41 PM
  • Hi Sai,

Try this below step and please update.

1. Restore any VHD as a file on the DPM sever itself and then try to mount it manually using explorer and see if windows itself can mount the VHD and show you the content. 

DPM does the same thing when you perform an ILR. Try this and let me know the outcome. 

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:48 PM