none
Servers in Scale-out render pdf differently RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I have a SSRS 2016 scale-out setup of 2 SSRS servers. Reports are generated in pdf format. However, if the PDF is rendered by server 1 of the scale-out setup, the pdf is rendered differently then when rendered by server 2. By differently, I mean that titles in the report are misaligned and put 1-2 milimeter lower then when rendered by the other SSRS server. Servers have been setup identical (same version SQL, SSRS, rdl-files).
    Does anyone can help me to troubleshoot this one.

Kind regards, 

Bart 

Sunday, November 17, 2019 11:16 PM

Answers

• Added a new SSRS server and joined it to the Scale-out deployment (removing the 'malfunctioning' server). Apparently, this newly added server renders the PDF correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Bart Bertels Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Bart,

Have tried to print the report? 

Do the two severs working on the same hosting system ?

This is quite strange , the two PDFs should stay the same. Did you have same pdf readers on the two machine?

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

The report format is PDF. The server that renders the report correctly, looks like :

The red line is just to indicate that the alignment is 'OK'

The server that renders that same rdl incorrectly, looks like:

You see that the text is moved downwards.

Both servers are deployed in Scale-out modus, use the same rdl file, connecting to the same SQL DB (data and reporting DB).

No idea (yet) why there is a difference ...

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Added a new SSRS server and joined it to the Scale-out deployment (removing the 'malfunctioning' server). Apparently, this newly added server renders the PDF correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Bart Bertels Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:28 AM