none
Document Set Welcome page webpart keeps column name and valule too far apart RRS feed

• Question

• I set up a Document library using Document Set Content type. Everything is fine except, the welcome page top part where Doc Set properties are displayed column name and valule too far apart .

Strangely,  Doc Set library in another site the welcome page  top part displayed properly ie. the distance between column and value is not very far.  I checked the webparts in these two pages, there is no difference at all, they are all out of the box settings.

Does anyone have a tip on why this happens?

Thansk for any advice!

Friday, March 22, 2019 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my test, the distance between column and value is far by default, unless you manually edit the web part and change the width property.

Please go to the second library(in another site) and check if someone has edited the properties of the Document Set Web Part to make it have a custom value of width.

In addition, add “?contents=1” to the end of the second document set page URL(the document set that the distance between column and value is not very far), this will allow you to view all the Web Parts in this page. Remove all the web parts which contain the scripts. Then compare the results.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, March 25, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Thanks Allen for the advice.

I know that I can change the width of the webpart in Welcome page to make the column and value closer, and I can make that change in "Document Set Settings" page >Custom Welcome page, which will apply to all document set created using this content type.  And I fixed the issue this way.

However, I went to the 1st site and check the Document Set Setting page, the welcome page is not customized, ie, the width of webpart is the default one, and the column and its value are far apart.  But in the Doc Set created using this content type, the welcome page display is proper, column and value not too far apart, and the webpart width is set by default "Fit the zone width".

So I am still puzzled why the 1st site which was created in November 2018, behave differently than the 2nd site?

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 4:42 PM
  • Hi,

Not sure why, because everything works fine in my environment if we do not do any customization(and use the default value).

Have you tried to add the “?contents=1” to check if there is any code in the page? 

What about testing using another browser?

Create a new document set in another library in your 1st site and check the results.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, March 29, 2019 1:46 AM