none
Sync Contact Photo to Office 356 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi am had configured Azure AD sync and also configured Exchange Hybrid. For Exchange On-prem i was configured added photo to Contact by using this cmlet : Import-RecipientDataProperty -Identity tutrieu -Picture -FileData ([Byte[]]$(Get-Content -Path "C:\Users\TuPC\Pictures\1.jpg" -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0)) and it's worked. The Attribute of Contact object will change with thumbnailPhoto value is a string of my picture i was added

I also chose Attribute sync with thumbnailPhoto but in Office 365 the contact doesn't display a Photo any more. So i wondering the structure of Azure AD Contact object different from AD on-prem then they cannot sync. Thanks guys

Friday, May 17, 2019 3:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you looked at this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3062745/user-photos-aren-t-synced-from-the-on-premises-environment-to-exchange

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, May 18, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Yes i had read it. The photo i'm added just 10KB this issue just happened with a Object type Contact in AD. So i didn't find any cmdlet like Set-ContactPhoto is impossible. Because the cmdlet Set-UserPhoto only work with Object type User (maybe, tested in Exchange Online Shell), i was tried for Contact but not worked. 
    Saturday, May 18, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Hi Tu,

Per my knowledge, this seems to be by design, contact photo will not show in office 365. 

Setting User Photo to Mail Contact

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi Tu,

Per my knowledge, this seems to be by design, contact photo will not show in office 365. 

Setting User Photo to Mail Contact

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

I agreed with you Niko. Thank you for answered ^^
    Saturday, May 25, 2019 1:50 AM