none
Default SharePoint form freezes when user adds picture using enhanced rich text RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

my team have a issue with SharePoint form on Internet Explorer browser (we checked it also on Chrome and it works correctly).

Steps to reproduce the behaviour:

1. Create SP list

2. Add Multiple lines of text column and allow enhanced rich text in column settings

3. Add other column like Choice (with dropdown)

4. Save changes

5. Open Internet Explorer browser and go to the list

6. Open form to add item - in rich text editor insert picture (from computer or from address) and save changes 

7. User is not able to choose any value from dropdown and cannot Save changes on form.

Version of my IE browser - 11.379.17763.0

In case of any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Agnieszka

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Agnieszka,

Did you use the classic experience for the list?

If so, per my test in my SharePoint online environment, I follow the steps in your original post, I did not encounter the same issue as yours.

I can choose the value from dropdown list and save the changes successfully.

My IE version is 11.418.18362.0.

To troubleshoot the issue, you could clear IE cache and reset IE settings.

Go to IE->internet options->advanced tab->reset.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hello Sara,

thank you for the answer. 

Reset IE seetings did not help. 

The issue occurs only on modern experience (I've checked classic experience on IE browser and it works correctly).

Best regards,

Agnieszka

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi Agnieszka,

Per my test in my SharePoint online environment, in the list with the modern view, I follow the steps in your post, I encounter the same issue as yours.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you could submit a service request.

The Modern experience is the new feature. And it will be improved in the future.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:42 AM

• Hi Agnieszka,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:28 AM