none
Batch Migration - Option "start the batch automatically after time" missing??? RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

There is an option at the end of the mailbox move configuration in the GUI that allows you to schedule start and completion of the batch migration.

For some admins this is not showing but its showing for others.  We are all ORG Admins … Any idea's?  I've tried different browsers...its just missing.

I only have the "Manually..." and "Automatically..." option..    Exchange 2016

-C-

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi.

You can check and resume mailbox migration by EXO.

Get-MoveRequest user@domain.com | Set-MoveRequest -SuspendWhenReadyToComplete:$false
    Get-MoveRequest user@domain.com  | Set-MoveRequest -CompleteAfter $null 
    Get-MoveRequest user@domain.com  | Resume-MoveRequest
    Get-MigrationUserStatistics user@domain.com -IncludeReport | Format-List

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:52 PM
  • How do you get it to start at a specific time?

-C-

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:08 PM
  • New-MoveRequest -Identity user@domain.com -CompleteAfter (Get-Date "1/10/2019 2:00 AM").ToUniversalTime()

Get-MoveRequest user@domain.com | Get-MoveRequestStatistics | Select *TimeStamp

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:43 PM
  • I also couldn't see these options when setting up a new migration batch in EAC, I believe it only exists in Exchange online.

Use a command way instead, specify the parameters StartAfter and CompleteAfter when executing the command New-MigrationBatch

New-MigrationBatch

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hello, the example you are showing is COMPLETION.... I want the one for STARTING not Completing.

-C-

Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:49 AM
  • It is not only for Exchange online... The screenshot I put in the post is from another ADMIN on my team... for some reason they SEE IT, but I don't... we are both Exchange Org Admin

-C-

Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:50 AM
  • It is not only for Exchange online... The screenshot I put in the post is from another ADMIN on my team... for some reason they SEE IT, but I don't... we are both Exchange Org Admin

-C-

If you connect to EMS via your admin account, then create a new migration batch by running New-MigrationBatch, could it be run with the switch -StartAfter or CompleteAfter?

If not, I am afraid it is an issue related to RBAC permissions.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:48 AM
  • Hi Manu,

when I try with powershell I DO NOT get the -StartAfter or -CompleteAfter switch... However my COLLEAGUE does...

My account is also domain admin, enterprise admin, org admin … could this be the problem or is it something with RBAC?

-C-

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:09 PM
  • Hi Charlie,

I just found an issue here. 

My Exchange admin account was added to the Organization Management role group with the Migration role, which includes the Cmdlets of New-MigrationBatch and the parameters of -StartAfter and CompleteAfter, while I still cannot really run New-MigrationBatch with either.

I will continue researching this issue and will let you know if there is any update.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Very interesting.  Is your account also domain admins?

-C-

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:37 PM
  • Very interesting.  Is your account also domain admins?

-C-

Yes, I think we just encounter the same issue here...

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Exactly same situation here. I used to see it and have even used in about two weeks ago but now it's gone.... perhaps a windows update?
    Monday, November 18, 2019 9:56 AM