none
After upgrading to Windows 8 Pro, my local SharePoint Workspace fails to upload/download with SharePoint online RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to Windows 8 Pro, my local SharePoint Workspace fails to upload files to or download from SharePoint online. Can't even open files through mapped network drive.

When trying to access Office 365 sharepoint teamsite with "desktop" browser, Internet Explorer 10, I'm told that "it's time to upgrade Internet Explorer, You're currently using Internet Explorer 7, which doesn't support the next major update to Office 365." ;-)

But when using IE 10 through the formerly-known-as-Metro-UI, then everything works fine. I don't know should I cry or laugh?

Please help. This is a big problem and I'm aching my Win7 back.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:13 AM

All replies

• Same problem. Anyone? I noticed that in 2010, there was a similar article stating that handwriting recognition needed to be turned off if the computer is not a tablet. I see handwriting recognition turned on on my Windows 8 desktop, but the settings area is different and I cannot figure out how to turn it off if that is what prevent SharePoint Workspace from working.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 12:27 AM