none
AutoDiscovery / ActiveSync / Powershell to Outlook not Function Properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I will apologize in advance I'm relatively new to the administration side of Exchange Online.  I ported one of my small business accounts over to Exchange Online following all there steps and everything went perfectly.  I next migrated a different business over to Office365 Business, when I configured the DNS for this it passed all the checks but I was not able to use autodiscover to configure the device.  When I ran the Microsoft Remote Connectivity it was noting that it had problems resolving the name.

In a effort to resolve the problem, I removed the domain and readded it to my Office365 account, but this time I changed my name servers and allowed Microsoft to configure DNS.  I was able to connect to the account via Microsoft Outlook on my desktop.  I'm able to connect to the mail server via my iPhone email client by manually configuring all the settings.  

I still receive the following errors and I'm not sure how to resolve them or what to try:

I ran the following Powershell Script:  

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

I received the following Error: 

New-PSSession : [outlook.office365.com] Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following
    error message : The WinRM client received an HTTP status code of 403 from the remote WS-Management service. For more
    information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    At line:1 char:12
    + $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -Conne ...
    +            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
       gTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : -2144108273,PSSessionOpenFailed

I ran the Remote Connectivity test and received errors:

I'm receiving similar errors that the system was unable to resolve the autodiscover function: Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://dummy.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Finally, when I go in and try and turn on mail functions such as ActiveSync and webmail from the Active User perspective, it tells me I don't have the authority to do so.  When I try to go in to the Exchange Tennant in the Office365 page, I receive error 500 and can't access it.  

I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Is it a timing issue since I made all these changes within the last few hours that it will take awhile on Microsoft's side to catch up?  DNS appears to be correct, I'm totally hosted in the cloud so I don't have any AD services running in house.  I'm a small 1 person business so I don't need the AD enviroment. 

Thank you!

Matt

Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:01 AM

All replies

• >> Is it a timing issue since I made all these changes within the last few hours that it will take awhile on Microsoft's side to catch up? 

That may be the issue, just wait for a couple of hours and see if it makes some difference.

>> I'm receiving similar errors that the system was unable to resolve the autodiscover function: Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://dummy.com:443/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

That is always expected for domain.com since we never publish an autodiscover A/CName record called domain.com, test always gets passed when looking up autodiscover.domain.com.

So did you get the test passed eventually? If so, it indicates that your autodiscover service is working fine now.

==========================

Which account did you use to log on the Office 365 tenant? Is it a global admin?

Let's say the former verified domain is domain A, and latter one is domain B. So things becomes different when you manage the active users with different logon name in Office 365 portal?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:49 AM