none
Handling bulk email exceptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm looking into Exchange Online Protection deals with bulk email, and how exceptions can be handled.
    Currently everything marked as 7 will go to quarantine which for the most part works.
    However we do come across services whose validation emails, or system emails from Microsoft, or SharePoint become a victim too
    This leads to requests to a global whitelist, which brings its own concerns around if a mail server was compromised we may be giving them a free pass into users inboxes

Is there a way to allow an email that would normally be classified as bulk to be excluded from the bulk check but still subject to the typical spam checks?
    I.e. We will allow it, but only on the provision that it's not SPAM. I'm wondering about a Transport rule to override the bulk complaint number?

I see there's a "enable safe list" option in EOP/Connection Filter. Does that have any bearing on the bulk mail rules?
    If so it might cut down on the amount of manual work required

Cheers

Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:52 AM

All replies

• Microsoft won't divulge how they determine spam scoring, for obvious reasons.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, December 29, 2017 8:08 AM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hi,

Ed is right.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 29, 2017 8:09 AM