none
How to migrate SharePoint 2010 Workflow History data to SharePoint Online while retaining workflow task associations? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

How to migrate SharePoint 2010 Workflow History data to SharePoint Online while retaining workflow task associations?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

No, it would not.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by ran009 Monday, October 7, 2019 10:23 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hi ran009,

As far as I know, it's impossible to achieve this. The migration of workflow tasks and workflow history is not supported.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi Michael

- Is there any Microsoft link confirming that it is not supported? (Need to document for my boss).

- If I use PowerShell to copy the Workflow History/ lists from 2010 to Target SP Online – will that retain GUIDS? Can it work?

Thanks.

• Edited by ran009 Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:09 PM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:45 PM
  • Hi ran009,

What migration tool did you use? Assuming you are using the SharePoint Migration Tool (SPMT).

Workflow history doesn't list in SPMT supported features. I've tested it, we cannot find workflow history list in the tool.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/what-is-supported-spmt

In the workflow history list, the column of workflow task associations guid doesn't exist. if you use powershell to copy the history list, it would only copy the data without workflow task associations.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:49 AM
  • If I use PowerShell to copy the Workflow History list from SP 2010 to SP Online and retain GUIDs, will it associate with the appropriate tasks keeping the history?

Thanks.

Friday, September 20, 2019 11:35 PM
  • Hi,

No, it would not.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

• Marked as answer by ran009 Monday, October 7, 2019 10:23 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 1:58 AM