none
Maximum booking leading time (days) calculation RRS feed

• Question

• One of our resource mailbox (conference room) is set "Maximum booking leading time (days)" to 366.  When a user tried to book a recurring meeting she got declined and I counted the leading days.  It's only 364 days.  See the message below.

When: Occurs every Monday effective 12/2/2019 until 11/30/2020 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).
    Where: Conference Room 200

Your meeting request was declined.

The end date of this series of repeating meetings is too far in the future. This resource can only be scheduled up to 366 days in advance. The end date must be before 11/20/2020.

Based on the message the valid leading days for booking is 354 days.  Does anyone know how the leading days was calculated by Exchange?  We use Exchange 2016 on-pre, CU7.

Thanks,

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:23 PM

Answers

• One of our resource mailbox (conference room) is set "Maximum booking leading time (days)" to 366.  When a user tried to book a recurring meeting she got declined and I counted the leading days.  It's only 364 days.  See the message below.

When: Occurs every Monday effective 12/2/2019 until 11/30/2020 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).

The end date of this series of repeating meetings is too far in the future. This resource can only be scheduled up to 366 days in advance. The end date must be before 11/20/2020.

Based on the message the valid leading days for booking is 354 days.  Does anyone know how the leading days was calculated by Exchange?  We use Exchange 2016 on-pre, CU7.

Thanks,

The booking window is the maximum in advance it cab be scheduled based on the current date, not the starting date of the meeting.

Also, CU7 is old and unsupported. You need to be at CU14.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:42 PM

All replies

Thanks,

The booking window is the maximum in advance it cab be scheduled based on the current date, not the starting date of the meeting.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:42 PM
  • The booking window is the maximum in advance it cab be scheduled based on the current date, not the starting date of the meeting.

Agree with our MVP, it depends on the current date. 

If the information helps, it's recommended to mark the reply as answer. 

If you have further concern, feel free to tell us :)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:22 AM
  • Thanks for the answer.  Is it possbile to make an exeption for a user or a group?  I think I saw it using booking policy option in PS command.

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Thanks for the answer.  Is it possbile to make an exeption for a user or a group?  I think I saw it using booking policy option in PS command.

Thanks,

I’m afraid we cannot make an exception for a user or group. Although we can change booking policy via the Set-CalendarProcessing cmdlet, valid value for BookingWindowInDays parameter is an integer from 0 through 1080. They are the same. You could change it to the maximum (1080 days).

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

When a user tried to book a recurring meeting she got declined and I counted the leading days.  

[Possible Cause]

====================

[Workaround]

====================

Valid value for BookingWindowInDays parameter is an integer from 0 through 1080. You could change it to the maximum (1080 days).

[Reference Link]

====================

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Exchange/recipients/room-mailboxes?view=exchserver-2019

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:23 AM