none
Microsoft Forms not allowing/option is greyed out suddenly "Anyone with a link can respond" RRS feed

• Question

• We have multiple Microsoft forms that suddenly quit working as they were setup as "Anyone with a link can respond". The option is now greyed out. I have been working with our office 365/SP admin and she hasn't changed any settings. We have verified all the settings match this article: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/turn-external-sharing-on-or-off and that has not resolved the issue. This has just occurred in the last few days. Anyone with similar issues find a resolution?

Thanks!

Friday, October 4, 2019 7:38 PM

All replies

• We have had the same problem. I opened a ticket with Microsoft Support (I'm an admin) and provided them with the appropriate info requested yet no response from the Forms team.

Our symptom is like yours....All of a sudden"Anyone with a link can respond" is grayed out and forms require login from external anonymous users (all Forms are sent to external users). 30 mins later, everything is better...before failing again. 

There was an incident on our admin portal earlier today that there was a Forms Outage: Admins may be unable to enable external sharing for forms but this has been closed.

We still are running into this issue and our users are frustrated as this is business impacting as we are into day 2 of our outage

Friday, October 4, 2019 7:58 PM
  • There are a couple of other folks who are reporting the same problem here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/forms-login-issue/60930f3b-efbc-48ef-adfd-14a81a6f427f

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ms-forms-anyone-with-a-link-can-respond-greyed-out/1bb381f2-fa9e-4778-b4e3-2ed4431d8b23

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that this is a service issue starting lately with Microsoft Form. Microsoft will get back to us if there is any update with this issue. You can check the status of your current subscriptions via Microsoft 365 admin center > Health > Service health. 

Meanwhile, since I cannot reproduce this issue in my Office365 environment, I suggest you reconfigure Microsoft Form or use Administrator accounts on different devices for more test results.

Here’s your reference.

Administrator settings for Microsoft Forms.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/administrator-settings-for-microsoft-forms-48161c55-fbae-4f37-8951-9e3befc0248b

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:43 AM
  • I am experiencing the same issue here.

Thank you

Monday, October 7, 2019 10:23 AM
  • There are a couple of other folks who are reporting the same problem here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/forms-login-issue/60930f3b-efbc-48ef-adfd-14a81a6f427f

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ms-forms-anyone-with-a-link-can-respond-greyed-out/1bb381f2-fa9e-4778-b4e3-2ed4431d8b23

We already verified all our settings match the first article. It is happening across all devices and users so it's definitely not a permissions issue. 
    Monday, October 7, 2019 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that this is a service issue starting lately with Microsoft Form. Microsoft will get back to us if there is any update with this issue. You can check the status of your current subscriptions via Microsoft 365 admin center > Health > Service health. 

Meanwhile, since I cannot reproduce this issue in my Office365 environment, I suggest you reconfigure Microsoft Form or use Administrator accounts on different devices for more test results.

Here’s your reference.

Administrator settings for Microsoft Forms.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

We have verified all these settings in the admin console and the issue is persisting. 
    Monday, October 7, 2019 2:42 PM
  • Our settings haven't changed and our settings match. Our outage continues and no response from the Forms Team.

There are several posts from other users in the Foms Tech Community

Monday, October 7, 2019 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, this is not a permission related issue and needs more investigation.

Since the community has submitted a ticket with Microsoft, we can wait for Forms team to look into it and come back to us with proper solution.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi,

If you have any progress with Microsoft Support, please come back and share the update with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:51 AM
  • This fix found on a link re: the same issue immediately worked for us:

"One of our engineers figured it out:

Its in Microsoft 365 Admin Center > Settings > Services & add-ins > Microsoft Forms

Uncheck record names of people in your org"

Source:

http:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/forms-login-issue/60930f3b-efbc-48ef-adfd-14a81a6f427
    • Proposed as answer by TheITDood Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 4:31 PM
  • This worked for me as well.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:53 PM
  • We also have this problem. We have implemented the solution below to deactivate the default recording of names, but this does not completely fix the problem. 

Existing forms cannot be filled in by external users, even though the sharing with external users is set. New forms, or duplication of the existing form via a template does fix the issue. Communication wise, this is of course not a nice solution a we have to communicate a new link.

This kind of bug does not help to convince users about the quality of Office 365 products. I'm wondering how long it would take for Microsoft to update the status/health page.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:54 AM