none
Can we indicate if the user is blocked or not, from our Sharepoint online user profile service properties (userAccountControl) RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on sharepoint online tenant, and our system admin uses the DirSync to sync the users from AD to Office 365. the issue i am facing is that we have added some third party apps for showing users' info and building Org charts, and those third party tools depend on the SharePoint user profile service to read the users' data. But Blocked users inside Office 365 are been shown inside those apps. Now the apps will allow us to add filters based on the SharePoint Users Profile service properties, but when i checked the built-in properties inside the SharePoint user profile service i did not find any property which manage/indicates if the user is Blocked or not , here is the list i am talking about:-

Also if i try to add a new property the drop-down will be empty as follow:-

so i am not sure what is the appraoch i need to follow to force the SharePoint user profile service to manage/indicate if the user is blocked inside Office 365? keeping in mind that we use the DirSync. here is sample of a blocked user which we need to exclude:-

Thanks

• Edited by johnjohn11 Monday, September 9, 2019 8:59 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2019 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Since custom properties from Active Directory or Azure AD are not synchronized with SharePoint Online, we are not able to add new mapping in a new custom user properties. Reference.

I recommend you ask for the third party tool support to find if there is feature for your requirement.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi John,

Since custom properties from Active Directory or Azure AD are not synchronized with SharePoint Online, we are not able to add new mapping in a new custom user properties. Reference.

I recommend you ask for the third party tool support to find if there is feature for your requirement.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Ok thanks for the reply. So in other words you mean that we can not add custom properties inside the sharepoint online user profile service?

Thanks

• Edited by johnjohn11 Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 3:57 PM
  • Hi John,

As the reference link I provided above, we can only use PowerShell to bulk updating custom user profile properties.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:26 AM