none
Unable to sign into Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and I want to sign into Xbox and other services. Yet when I go into Settings and try to sign in with a Microsoft Account, it appears to want to open a window, but it just stalls for a second and nothing happens. Same thing happens when I try to Add Someone Else under 'Family & other users'.

I also am not able to log into Xbox, even though I have an active Live account that I use almost everyday on my Xbox One.

I'm assuming it has something to do with my previous identity being logged in after I upgraded, but don't know how to log that identity out.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Friday, August 14, 2015 12:47 AM

All replies

• I have the exact same issue. I have an xbox one and I use it constantly as my cable runs through it so its on when i watch tv and/or game. I also use my pc all the time and have recently upgraded or changed my primary email address from barbarajjond2011@hotmail.com to jonlikes269@outlook.com and also switched my log in info on xboxlive from and to the same addresses as I just mentioned. 

The first issue I have is when I try to connect a microsoft account to my computer and use the alledgedly fancy new features of the Windows 10 (insider preview ) Im not sure if I have THE new windows 10 or still have the preview. I have not been able to use the APP thats supposed to tell you when and if you have the released new version. Anyway, when i have tried countless times to sign in with my new micrsoft account (jonlikes269..) and enter the password I had just created, I am told "I just need to enter my OLD password one more time" I enter the one I just used 2 seconds earlier to log in and Im told that the password is wrong so then I enter my previous password , then the one I had before that, and then before that...i am told all are incorrect! WTF? so I instead of smashing my pc to bits I just close that desktop and forget about CORTANA and the other apps/ features Im still trying to be excited about and use my old desktop and google chrome instead of internet explorer that microsoft keeps shoving down our throats.

My next issue is with signing into xboxlive on my "one" console. I now have to select between nocturnalthrilz with my gamerscore of 4,000 points OR nocturnalthrilz, gamerscore of 4,000 points. the 1st option doesnt require a password, which is how i want it. (otherwise I have to enter the same long password everytime I switch between tv or gaming) The second option, I do have to enter the password. Also It says one profile is not allowed to play GTA5 online and Im not really sure about the other profile because if I try one more time and hit a dead end Im going to seriously effing lose it, sell my xbox, get a playstation and a freakin MAC and I HATE SONY AND I HATE APPLE! someone please help me fix this!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:01 AM