none
Microsoft Teams Meetings Tab with Exchange 2019 on premise RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone we recently implemented teams along with exchange 2019 on premise. From my understanding upgrading to Exchange 2019 should have given us access to the meetings tab on teams. the meetings tab is still missing and i would love for some advice on the subject as i havn't found anything on microsoft that would assist me. Thanks!

Exchange 2019

Office 365 

• Edited by Michael1129 Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:47 PM
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Do you have an Exchange hybrid environment or only just on-premise?

Refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

Users hosted on either Exchange Online Dedicated - Legacy, or Exchange on-premises, must be synchronized to Azure Active Directory for Office 365. 

About your problem, please first try to move your mailbox to online to see if it helps.

In another way, I find this related case:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Missing-the-meetings-tab/td-p/337605

According it, you could try to “Add on-premises web service URLs as SPNs in Azure AD” and check the result:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/configure-exchange-server-for-hybrid-modern-authentication

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Michael1129 Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:17 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Shaw Lu.

Mailboxes are hosted on Exhange on-premises. We are using AAD sync connector to sync our on prem AD to AAD and then assigning office 365 licenses/teams licenses from there. Does this qualify as a hybrid environment?

I am looking at that last document about exchange server for hybrid modern authentication and going through that process but we do not have exchange online set up.

I have created a Cloud user on AAD and assigned a teams license to that user and when i log into that cloud user the meetings tab does show up. I do know its an issue with our on prem exchange and Azure AD.

• Marked as answer by Michael1129 Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:16 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Michael1129 Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:17 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2019 7:42 PM
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that running the Hybrid Configuration utility resolved my issue. You can do this by going into your Exchange Admin Center and going to the hybrid tab and following the on screen instructions. 
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Thanks for your reply and sharing. It is useful.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:58 AM