none
In SharePoint Online - How to show news stories from a JSON feed in a web part? Client-side calls are not allowed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

In SharePoint Online - How to show news stories from a JSON feed in a web part?
    I use Classic UI (and not Modern Pages).

Please note: Feed provider does not allow client-side calls to JSON.  Instead, I need to pull JSON on a server side request and process the data.  

Thanks.

• Edited by ran009 Friday, August 16, 2019 8:59 PM
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to show data from JSON results(REST API return data) in SPFx web part?

I suggest you provide more information for further research.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 9, 2019 2:54 AM
  • Hi Dennis

I do NOT have modern pages, no SPFX web parts either. I use Classic UI in SP Online.

Thanks. 

Friday, August 9, 2019 8:43 PM
  • Hi,

OK, I suggest you provide more information and some screenshots about you requirement for further research.

If you want to get data from list(store news) using REST API and show in script editor web part, the following article for your reference.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31995.sharepoint-2013-working-with-rest-api-using-jquery-ajax.aspx

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:27 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please provide us with an update on the status of your issue?

Best Regards,
    Dennis

Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:40 AM
  • Hi Dennis

I just updated the question with more details. Feed provider does not allow client-side calls to JSON.  Instead, I need to pull or JSON on a server side request and process the data.

Any thoughts on how to do that?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

Do you want to get RSS feeds? Or get social feed?

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, August 16, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Sorry, I do not understand your question. But there is no RSS here, only JSON feed that I need to show in my SharePoint Online Web Part.

Thanks.

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:00 PM
  • Hi Dennis

I am still hoping that someone can answer, how to show stories from a JSON feed in a SharePoint web part?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:57 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try to use the code below?

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script>
    $(document).ready(function(){
      $("button").click(function(){
        $.getJSON("demo_ajax_json.js", function(result){
          $.each(result, function(i, field){
            $("#showJSONFeed").append(field + " ");
          });
        });
      });
    });
    </script>
    <button>Get JSON data</button>
    <div id="showJSONFeed"/>

Best Regards,

Dennis

Friday, August 23, 2019 1:04 AM