none
Session timeout in SharePoint online

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It’s not supported to change this default session timeout value in SharePoint online.

I understand it will be more convenient if you can reset this default value. It is suggested you post your feedback via Uservoice. This is the best way to let related team hear your voice. What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Dean,

Thanks for your response. However I would like to know is there a way to check the current session timeout settings configured for SharePoint online?

Thanks

SB.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Hi All,

Any updates or any help on my query? I still cannot find any help on this. 

I am raising this issue because - SharePoint online still be accessible from devices which are outside of an organization and on which we do not have any control.

So I would like to know are there any other options to control the session timeout or other ways that we could address the risk?

Thanks

Mr.SB

Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

Since you’re using SharePoint online, it’s not supported to check for the session timeout setting from client side.

The default timeout value for O365 for your reference:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Session-timeouts-for-Office-365-37a5c116-5b07-4f70-8333-5b86fd2c3c40

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Mr.SB Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:49 AM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 12:27 PM
  • Hi dean,

Thanks for the reply and the help. But I found one more suggestion which was helpful. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/0e212534-2db0-401d-961b-a2a3f64af908/auto-logoff-feature-in-sharepoint-online-office-365?forum=onlineservicessharepoint 

Also I tried with auto page refresh option although it is not recommended where, in the master page we used meta tag to auto refresh the page after 20 minutes of inactivity. 

Thanks,

SB

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:52 AM