none
DPM 2016 UR4 SQL 2014 Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have a fresh DPM 2016 UR4 install along with SQL SP1 CU8. DPM it working, backing up mail databases, HyperV VM's and File Storage,  as well as SQL data for a older SQL 2008 R2 host. (Installed in proper order as well, SQL 2016 > DPM 2016 > DPM 2016 UR4 > SQL 2016 SP1 > SQL 2016 SP1 CU8). I cannot however get it to backup a server we have running SQL 2014 on Server 2016. I attached the agent to the machine, and both NT Service\DPMRA and NT Authority\System. 

The error I get in Monitoring is as follows:

"The replica of SQL Server 2014 database SERVERNAME\DatabaseName on servername.company.org is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery pints, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For ShairePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID3106)

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The specified service does not exist (8x800704DB)"

If I try running a consistency check, I get the exact same error. I can't seem to get around it. Any help would be appreciated, or anything else that might help lead to a fix. Thank you! 

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Answers

• housekeeping - closing old post.

We would need to look at the dpm logs to determine why it failed with that error.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, January 6, 2020 7:57 PM