none
Recurring Meeting "Not Current," unable to accept meeting requests

Question

• We just recently migrated to Office 365 from Apptix and they were using Exchange 2007.

After migrating, it seems that all of our recurring meetings are not working like they're supposed to.

Scenario:
    - The meeting organizer creates a recurring meeting with several users.
    - All users accept the series.
    - Meetings are working fine.
    - Meeting organizer decides to change the date/time of one of the meetings in the series and sends an update to all the users.
    - Users receive the update and can see the changed date/time, but are unable to accept or decline. Instead, they get a message that says "The meeting request was updated after this meeting was sent. You should open a later update or open the item on the calendar."
    - There's also an option to click "Not current" near the delete button, but when clicked, it tells the user "This meeting request is out-of-date and will not be deleted." If they do select this option, the occurrence is deleted but the new edited occurrence still does not appear on the calendar.

This feature was working in Outlook 2013 before our complete migration to Office 365 Exchange so I know this is not the intended result of the program. I have also tried having the users recreate the recurring meetings just in case the meetings got corrupted somehow but the end result is the same. In one case when the meeting organizer updated the series, all attendees except one were not able to accept.

Anyone got any ideas?I wasn't able to find any recent information/solutions to the issue so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Monday, February 17, 2014 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hello Visokoo... did you ever find a solution for this? We are experiencing the same thing.

Thanks,

Steven

Friday, April 25, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Yes. I had to find the solution out myself though. Didn't receive any help from the forums at all.

The solution is just to have the meeting organizer recreate the meeting and resend it to everyone.  Before having the meeting organizer send out the new meeting series, have all the attendees delete their current series first and it should work flawlessly. Fortunately, my company wasn't so big that it would create a huge hassle for everyone to recreate their meetings and resend them.

Best of luck to you!

Friday, April 25, 2014 6:24 AM
  • This is a workaround, not a solution.

The symptoms of getting a meeting update which doesn't appear on your calendar because Outlook mistakenly says that it is not current is an error.  A solution is needed.

Friday, March 20, 2015 7:57 PM