none
Migrating GoDaddy email to BPOS RRS feed

• Question

• So trying to migrate from GoDaddy email to BPOS. Using the migration tool. Nothing seems to work.

Has anyone gotten this to work and have examples of a working migration CSV they can share? GoDaddy is no help at all of course and BPOS tech support isn't doing much either.

There has to be some way of doing this, I've tried migration wiz and it worked so obviously it can be done, why cant the Microsoft migration tool handle this?

Saturday, October 2, 2010 10:13 PM

All replies

• Steve,

There are some known issues with migration from the Go Daddy e-mail servers to the BPOS-S environment.  Mostly, a secure connection cannot be established due to the way that load balancing on Go Daddy's servers is configured.  The best way to migrate from Go daddy is to use a pst migration.

Monday, October 4, 2010 11:43 PM
  • Let me know when you solve this!  I'm about to try it myself, just now reading on what my to-do's would be.
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:31 PM
  • I've been having this issue with a customer myself.  When he tries to migrate he gets this error.

Error:
    Failed to connect to server m1pismtp01-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net.

Failed to connect / authenticate the server m1pismtp01-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net on secure port. Try again with AllowUnsecureConnection switch if the server is not configured for secure port.

Nothing we do can get this to connect.  Manual migration isn't a possibility as there are 100+ users.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:19 PM
  • I would go with www.migrationwiz.com

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:34 PM
  • The company is unwilling to pay for this service, understandably, as migration is free with a BPOS subscription.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:22 PM