none
SharePoint Online Modern calendar - holiday RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Wondering if there are any suggestions to view all holidays in a SPO modern site... the users want to be able to view when the members of their team are on leave and I started looking at how best to do this.

I'm not using O365 groups and using SP permissions, any suggestions?

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi G99,

It is hard to achieve it as a bunch of users just email their line managers.

I am not sure if there is an trigger from MS Flow which you can use it to trigger a flow to insert the request into a calendar/events list when an email is sent or arrived. For this part, I suggest you create a new thread on MS Flow community, more professional will assist you.

For your requirement, I suggest you use a SharePoint list to store the request list. When a user wants to ask a leave, he/she could go to the list and create a leave request, then you can use MS Flow or SharePoint workflow to send an email to their managers for Approve/Reject. After approved, insert the request into a calendar or events list. You can have a try.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Friday, November 29, 2019 1:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by G99 Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:23 AM

All replies

• Hi G99,

You can consider using Events list to store the member's leave request and using Events web part on a modern page to show the members' leave event.

More information about Events web part, you can refer to:

Use the Events web part

If I misunderstood your meaning, please free feel to reply.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:50 AM
  • Thanks Wendy,

I should have went into more detail, ideally want a process where a user can submit a leave request and it gets added the events list or any other calendar (list).

With your suggestion the users will need to manually remember to input each leave request in the Events list... unless there is a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi G99,

Do you use a SharePoint list to store these leave requests?

If yes, you can create a SharePoint Designer workflow to add a new item into Events or any calendars list by using "Create List Item" action. You can set the workflow start when an item is created.

Please have a try and let's know the result.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:06 AM
  • No, at the moment there is a manual process where a bunch of users just email there line managers, there is no consistency and no process to follow, they want to be able to offer the solution to the team consisting of around 50 users.

I'm using SPO Modern, and have access to flow... just curious what is the best way solution for this?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Hi G99,

It is hard to achieve it as a bunch of users just email their line managers.

I am not sure if there is an trigger from MS Flow which you can use it to trigger a flow to insert the request into a calendar/events list when an email is sent or arrived. For this part, I suggest you create a new thread on MS Flow community, more professional will assist you.

For your requirement, I suggest you use a SharePoint list to store the request list. When a user wants to ask a leave, he/she could go to the list and create a leave request, then you can use MS Flow or SharePoint workflow to send an email to their managers for Approve/Reject. After approved, insert the request into a calendar or events list. You can have a try.

Thanks,

Wendy

• Proposed as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Friday, November 29, 2019 1:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by G99 Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:23 AM