none
How to cancel DPM backup storage move process ? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,
    I appreciate in advance for your help and suggestions.
     The situation: The DPM storage pool was running out space, and we decided to add secondary storage then move data from the old DPM storage to the new DPM storage.
    Both DPM storages are formatted ReFS, and when we moved around 100 GB data to the new storage, it finished less than 12 hours.
    Then we decided to move 700 GB data to the new storage, and around 100 GB data moved last 4 days.
    I understand that moving file backups will take longer time than the VM backups as it contains numbers of the individual files.
    No last 5 days it moved only 100 GB data, and if it continues this way it may take 5-6 weeks to complete.
    During the data move, the protection group now can't be backed, and after 6 weeks, the protection points will be expired, and probably it will take a day to run sync job.

So, it's easier to cancel the job, and create a new protection group and back up the data, I think that will be much quicker.

My question, how can we cancel the DPM backup storage move without causing any issue to the DPM database and not corrupting other protection groups data?

Friday, May 15, 2020 12:07 PM