so i get this message appearing to be from microsoft except for the email address. is this a scam? RRS feed

• Question

• MSN-Live Account Closure Alert™

Windows Live Team [fatin_generation69@hotmail.com]

Dear MSN Account User,

Your MSN details are required for account upgrade. 
      Incomplete details and wrong passwords forwarded may result in account closure for security reasons.
      Kindly confirm by filling the information's below urgently for the exercise upon receipt of this notification to avoid deactivation.

User Name...........  

Password:  …..……  

Date of Birth........

Country or Territory..........

We'll keep making MSN Account the best email service around.

Sincerely,

MSN Account Team

Microsoft Corporation | One Microsoft Way | Redmond, WA 98052-6399, USA

Note: 
    YOUR DETAILS WILL NOT BE SHARED.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 10:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• You are kidding right? Send them your password? In case you are serious...  THIS IS A SCAM.  DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
    Friday, April 29, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hello,

Here is the forum for Microsoft Live Metting product. Considering you Windows Live question, you may use the following link to create on the Windows Live Forum so that you can get more accurate and prossional sugegstions.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowslive

Thanks,

Simon

Sunday, May 1, 2011 2:18 AM
  • i will try the site you suggest for my question  now i cannot get to my newsgroups on msnews.microsoft.com since windows live mail will not connect.  maybe they will solve that problem also.  thanks.  charlie
    Friday, May 13, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Simon Wu, Windows live forums moved to windowslivehelp.com a long time ago. The forums left over on microsoft are either locked or about to be closed.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:41 AM