none
Office 365 + External Domain Exchange Server 2013 Account Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've searched on the net to see if it was still possible to connect a mailbox account from another domain using Exhange Server 2013 in Office 365 but didn't find anything.

The customer said to me that it was working before to add an email account that is from our Exchange 2013 in "domain1.com" into Office 365 on his computer that is on "domain2.com" without setting up anything for autodiscovery.

Since the update 1908 build 11929.20254 it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is there something special to do now to make it work again or the only way now is to migrate the pst from our domain to their Office 365 account?

Thanks,

Richard

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for visiting our forum, here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client but your question is more related to Exchange online. So I'll move your thread to the dedicated forum for Exchange online.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding and hope your question will be resolved soon.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi Richard,

I cannot reproduce your issue in the same Outlook build. 

I successfully set up my Exchange 2016 on-premise email account in this Office 365 Outlook. Please note my on-premise Exchange is an internet facing server and has all the DNS records published.

So questions here are as follows:

1. Could you set up the account in other Outlook version/build or other computers?
    2. What's the result when you test Outlook connectivity in ExRCA?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Hi Manu,

1. Could you set up the account in other Outlook version/build or other computers?

Yes we are able the connect the account to Outlook 2010/2013/2016

Connectivity test is successful without warnings.

What I'm not sure is about setting up the account within another domain but I guess it should works.

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2019 8:24 PM
  • Hi Manu,

Yes we are able the connect the account to Outlook 2010/2013/2016

Connectivity test is successful without warnings.

What I'm not sure is about setting up the account within another domain but I guess it should works.

Thanks

I would consider it is a client side issue, could issue be reproduced on other computers that are running the Office 365 Outlook? Just verify that it is an issue related to Windows client or Outlook client.

For troubleshooting, please update the Office 365 to the latest build 1909 and also ensure that this problematic computer has installed all the Windows updates.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hello Manu,

Sorry for the late response last days were really busy ones.

Yes the issue is reproduced on other computers on Office 365, I will validate with the remote client if everything is up to date.

I'll let you know with the results thanks.

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:15 PM
  • Hello Manu,

The client told me that PCs Windows Update are all up to date.

And Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO is at Build 16.0.11328.20420

Friday, September 27, 2019 2:47 PM
  • Hello Manu,

The client told me that PCs Windows Update are all up to date.

And Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO is at Build 16.0.11328.20420

I would suggest you re-install the Office desktop since Outlook 2010/2013/2016 all work fine. 

Regards,

Manu Meng

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 8:47 AM