none
(Welcome Page) Search Results Page layout missing in pages library RRS feed

• Question

• We have two publishing site collections. One site collection has all search layouts, (Welcome Page) Search Results Page layout while another site collection doesn't have any search page layouts.

• I already checked that all page layouts are made available in site collection from site settings
    • I activated "Search Server Web Parts and Templates" site collection feature but it didnt do anything, so I deactivated it
    • Please do not suggest create special search center subsite/site collection just for the sake of making search layouts available
    • If search layouts are available in another site collection then they should be available in this site collection as well.
    • Please let me know what causes this issue instead of suggesting another route of creating search center.
    • We are not interested in creating search center subsite/site collection just for the sake of getting Search Results page layout. It should be available in publishing site collection as well

Dhaval Raval

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Dhaval,

By default, the (Welcome Page) Search Results Page layout is not available to be used in Pages library in other sites except Enterprise Search Center sites. This is because the SearchResults.aspx is set as Master Page content type in Master Page Gallery.

So we need to modify the properties of the SearchResults.aspx in Master Page Gallery and modify its content type to Page Layout.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 29, 2017 6:07 AM
  • Hi Dhaval,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:51 AM
  • Victoria,

I still don't see it after following your step above. I am running SharePoint online.

Thank You

Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:21 PM