none
Opening Shared Calendars in Entourage 2008

Question

• Hi,

I wonder if someone can help please.  We run a mixture of PC's and Mac's in our office.  The PC users can view everyone's shared calendar (even the MAC's) but the MAC users cannot view anyone's calendars (not even the MAC users) just the users own normal calendar.

It states when choosing open another users folder, entering their name and then selecting calendar that it cannot find the mailbox.  But it's definetly shared with correct permissions.

The mac's run 10.5 & Entourage 2008 and have the mac client sign-in tool installed.

Does anyone have an idea as to a solution or if this is going to be resolved in a future update?

Many Thanks

Kevin

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

I'm no Mac expert, but I believe the issue is because Exchange Online doesn't publish free/busy - therefore the Macs can't see the availability of anyone else.

I believe this will be resolved in Office 2011 when Entourage is finally replaced with Outlook.

Loryan

MCSE 2003, MCTS (2008, LCS, OCS, SharePoint) http://www.paradyne.com.au http://www.bpossibility.com
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:16 PM
  • First, please make sure that you are utilizing Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition, since this pulls Free/Busy from EWS instead of Public Folders.

Second, make sure that you are performing the steps provided here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?target=bfc5d345-dd5c-4492-a600-79a1cfc800981033&clr=99-2-0&parentid=9208e6ea-8345-4b0c-977a-b5aa087de1b31033&ep=7&CTT=Category&MODE=pv&locale=en-US&usid=fd3234eb-b88c-4aa5-ad68-c98d637fd8f5.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:58 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the ideas, I will checkout what version of Entourage we are using (not in office as I type)

If it's just the standard version and not EWS then I'll either change to that or wait for Office 2011.  I followed the steps you mentioned Daniel but that's when I receive the error (unable to find mailbox).

Cheers

Kevin

Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:57 AM
  • Thanks for confirming.  Let me know what you find.

The only problem I see is that the error should be different.  Free/Busy shouldn't be required to identify the mailbox, either, it should be a GAL lookup (which in Entourage is always live since it does not use OAB as Outlook does).

Friday, July 16, 2010 1:53 AM
  • Just a note to add:

1. Entourage Web Services edition freezes up at startup. System 10.6.4. Cannot use it.
    2. Entourage 12.2.5 behaves as described above: Cannot open a known shared calendar.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:13 PM
  • Sorry for the delay in replying, just an update the staff are using Entourage Business Edition 2008, the box says that that includes EWS?

I have spoken to Microsoft Support and they have told me:

Quote: Unfortunately the GAL lookup feature (including Out of Office, shared calendars, etc.) is not supported with Mac Entourage

So it's a case of doing what Loryan mentioned above and waiting for Office 2011.  Not the solution we wanted to hear.

Cheers

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:57 PM