none
Use chosen parameters to sort matrix output RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use 3 parameters in my report. All parameters are integrated in the same dataset. They are used to compare different projects at the same time, so you can choose Project1, Project2 and Project3. I added the parameters to the where clause of my dataset [...where project in (@Project1, @Project2, @Project3)]. The matrix therefore only shows values for the chosen parameters. The problem is that the matrix always sorts the entries ascending.

For example, if I choose the following values for the parameters:

Project1 = B987
    Project2 = B975
    Project3 = B973

the result in the matrix is B973, B975 and B987. It should stay in the chosen order, meaning B987, B975 and B973. Is there any way to pass the parameters to order the matrix or something else to achieve this?

Best regards
    pgosch

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi pgosch,

SSRS can't recognize the selection order here. We need to add other column or index to the query dateset.  Set key value as 1 for @project1, to for @project2. Then we add the Sorting to the matrix property, sort the column with the new added field.

as .

You could share you query or report design for more detail support.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

thanks for your answer. I decided to ignore the order of the projects, it is not that important.

Best regards
    pgosch

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi Pgosch,

Thanks for you feedback. If possible, we'd like to ask you to kindly close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:59 AM