none
Filtering a Document Library by LookUp Column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I was wondering what the most effective way is to filter a list by a look up column.

I currently have Employee IDs as a lookup field, and I am unable to filter this other than to scroll down the list of employee names (we have 2000+)

I have also tried creating a calculated column which reads from the employee lookup field but it seems this is unsupported.

Thank you in advance
    Regards,

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:18 AM

All replies

• Hi sccjc, 

Per my test, i can filter on look up column. 

Please offer a screenshot about where you cannot set filter on look up column.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:02 AM
  • Hi sccjc, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:22 AM