none
Get-Mailbox recipientpolicy includes tenantname

Question

• Hi,

We have a identity management system that imports mailbox data, specifically the retentionpolicy set on a mailbox, since 24 december the retentionpolicy now includes a tenant name before an '\'  character and then the actual policy name:

data retrieved now: mycompany.onmicrosoft.com\Default MRM Policy 

it used to be only Default MRM Policy

We just use the command Get-Mailbox and when looking at other attributes the tentantname is included in more attributes like SharingPolicy, RoleAssignmentPolicy 

Did any change recently executed on Office365 / Exchange Online that is the root cause of this? I see the same on different O365 tenants (different customers). I could not find any information 

Need realtime MIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new IM Sequencer 7.0 at http://www.imsequencer.com, it supports MIM 2016, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD, FTP or Powershell real time synchronization!

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• I see the same, so it does seem to have changed server-side. It's the reality of the cloud - Microsoft is constantly making changes and is not very good in notifying us about them. Get used to it :)
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:50 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Agree with Vasil. I have checked in my Office365, it's the same, as below:

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 1:29 AM
  • I see the same, so it does seem to have changed server-side. It's the reality of the cloud - Microsoft is constantly making changes and is not very good in notifying us about them. Get used to it :)

I agree Vasil that is the reality of the cloud, but still not sure what is the intention of this additional information, is it required when submitting new values?

When you look in the Exchange Admin this Retention policy for example does not even exists (the one with the tenantname in front) but when zooming to a user and set the retention policy you see the current value (with the tenantname) and the option to change to the one without the tenantname.

Furthermore when you look at the managedby or manager attribute it contains a full path including a server name, really not sure what the purpose of that information.

Need realtime MIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new IM Sequencer 7.0 at http://www.imsequencer.com, it supports MIM 2016, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD, FTP or Powershell real time synchronization!

Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:44 AM
  • Seems to be back to normal now.
    Monday, January 7, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Yes i can confirm it's now back to normal, had a call last friday with a Microsoft representative who was looking into this.

Monday, January 7, 2019 8:13 AM