none
Emails bouncing between users who have been migrated to BPOS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue where we are receiving NDR's for emails sent between internal users. The users were originally setup as contacts within BPOS then the contacts were deleted and the user was created with a BPOS mailbox.

For example if I email the director of my department I receive a NDR saying the #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Initially we believed it was because the Outlook OAB still held the contact information for user rather than the mailbox information but I have seen the same thing consistantly happens with OWA (the user is not contained within the local contacts).

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved!

Michael 

Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hello, based on that NDR message it sounds like a nickname cache issue, but the fact that you say it also happens in OWA is strange.  Have you tried deleting the nickname cache files on the client workstations?

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Monday, March 14, 2011 12:53 PM
  • I agree with Chad, I would think it is a problem with the .nk2 file...the fact that it also happens in OWA is very odd. Still, it is worth a shot to delete the .nk2 file or at least move it to another location to test a clean nickname cache.

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS

Senior Microsoft Consultant

Planet Technologies, Inc.

Check out My Blog!

Monday, March 14, 2011 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hello, based on that NDR message it sounds like a nickname cache issue, but the fact that you say it also happens in OWA is strange.  Have you tried deleting the nickname cache files on the client workstations?

Chad

Chad Mosman, MessageOps | www.MessageOps.com
    Monday, March 14, 2011 12:53 PM
  • I agree with Chad, I would think it is a problem with the .nk2 file...the fact that it also happens in OWA is very odd. Still, it is worth a shot to delete the .nk2 file or at least move it to another location to test a clean nickname cache.

Jorge R. Diaz, PMP, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS

Senior Microsoft Consultant

Planet Technologies, Inc.

Check out My Blog!

Monday, March 14, 2011 6:52 PM