email not received RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am using exchange hybrid environment, one of my user did not receive email from an external user, any email from external domain hits our email gateway, i dont see any email hitting our gateway. the external users says its issue at my end. lets say if i am at the external domain end, what do i need to check, its just general i am asking as i understand every organization has different setup
    1. check in sent items if the email is sent
    2. check at the gateway if the email is sent out.
    anything else do i need to check.
    Monday, July 13, 2020 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Except checking the message trace as Vasil L. Michev mentioned, here are more suggestions for you.

Is the mailbox on on-premises Exchange server or migrated to O365?

What about other users in your organization? Can they receive emails from that external user? Please make sure if this issue only occurs with senders from specific external domain.

Does the sender get any NDR messages? If it's available, we may find more clues from the NDR message.

Please also provide more details about the configuration for inbound message. If your organization is set to route messages through the Exchange Online organization first, check whether centralized mail transport is enabled, and check message tracking logs on on-premise Exchange as well.

This "Microsoft Online: Exchange Online" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:06 AM

All replies

• Run a message trace.
    Monday, July 13, 2020 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

Except checking the message trace as Vasil L. Michev mentioned, here are more suggestions for you.

Is the mailbox on on-premises Exchange server or migrated to O365?

What about other users in your organization? Can they receive emails from that external user? Please make sure if this issue only occurs with senders from specific external domain.

Does the sender get any NDR messages? If it's available, we may find more clues from the NDR message.

Please also provide more details about the configuration for inbound message. If your organization is set to route messages through the Exchange Online organization first, check whether centralized mail transport is enabled, and check message tracking logs on on-premise Exchange as well.

This "Microsoft Online: Exchange Online" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 6:06 AM
  • Any updates so far? If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Friday, July 17, 2020 6:50 AM