none
Edit page is not opening the page in edit mode

Question

• I have a list page where I have added a script editor web part and a list web part was already there. After that whenever clicking on edit page then it is not actually editing the page rather doing nothing in SharePoint online. Please suggest if anyone has any idea.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you edit other pages using the same browser, will the issue occur?

If the issue doesn’t occur in other pages, please edit this page in advanced mode via SharePoint Designer 2013, remove the Script Edit Web Part code from the page (do a backup before removing). Then reopen the page in the browser and try to edit the page to test whether the issue occurs.

If the issue still occurs in other pages, are your using IE 32? Please add SP site in trusted site and run it under compatibility mode.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi spadminspadmin,

A few weeks ago, I had faced the same issue. Deleting the ScriptEditor webpart from the page, solved this issue for me. For removing the webpart I had opened the page by appending ?contents=1

The reason for this issue was that there was an error in my javascript which I had used in my ScriptEditor webpart.

Thanks,

Shruti

Regards, Shruti

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:47 PM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update?
    If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.
    Thanks,
    Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:33 PM