none
Ability to Customize Office 365 Group's Welcome Email/Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone -

I was wondering if it were possible to customize the welcome message a users receives when added to a Microsoft Teams Group or Channel?  I haven't found any information on this from my searching.

Monday, May 13, 2019 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could not customize the Welcome email/message with Teams basic function. However, if you want to do this, you could do some development in Teams. If you want to know more about this, you could go to the following forum: Microsoft Teams Developer Platform.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

You could not customize the Welcome email/message with Teams basic function. However, if you want to do this, you could do some development in Teams. If you want to know more about this, you could go to the following forum: Microsoft Teams Developer Platform.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thanks for the update Evan! I was wondering can you turn the notification off globally?  I found the command to disable the welcome message, but it looks like its on a per Teams/O365 group basis 
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:10 PM
  • Hi,

You can use the following command to suppress the welcome message for any new users added to the group as a member. The default value will be set to true for this parameter. So you will need to pass "false" as the value to suppress the welcome message.
    Set-UnifiedGroup <groupname> -UnifiedGroupWelcomeMessageEnabled:$<true/false>

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, May 17, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi,

You can use the following command to suppress the welcome message for any new users added to the group as a member. The default value will be set to true for this parameter. So you will need to pass "false" as the value to suppress the welcome message.
    Set-UnifiedGroup <groupname> -UnifiedGroupWelcomeMessageEnabled:$<true/false>

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thanks Evan!  This is the command that I found but is their a way to do this at the organization level so that if a new group was created it will suppress the welcome message?
    Friday, May 17, 2019 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, i did not find the way to suppress the welcome message for the organization for now. For this, I have create a feedback in the Teams Feedback website, you could also vote for it. Microsoft will improve MS products based on the feedback and hope this problem will be solved in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, May 24, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thanks Evan for all of your help. This is complete
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:43 PM
  • Hi Nebie,

You are welcome. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:18 AM