Error message in outlook 2016 on RDS server "the set of folders cannot be opened. network problems are preventing connection to microsoft exchange" RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I Have a wired problem with some of my users...

in my company users connecting to rds server and from the rds server opening outlook 

some users  (3 users) get this error:
    its happened intermittently. 
    Once it works and a second time they receive this message and outlook not opening 

I tried to re-building new outlook profiles and new rds profiles, and i tried to move to another DB, and i remove the Skype from the server.

please help.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:56 AM

Answers

• Update:
    I installed office 2013 and it works !!! 

Thank you guys for your's help

• Edited by barak087 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-PanModerator Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by barak087 Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• Are you in a stable and well network connection?  What’s the version of Exchange server?

Does it happen to these specific 3 users?

When issue occurs, we can test Outlook Connectivity via ExRCA. If there are any errors, please paste here for further research.

Besides, if they log on their account on another working RDS, will same issue occur?

We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Thank you for the replay.

Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange is already selected 

Sunday, December 8, 2019 7:20 AM
  • From the results, MAPI over HTTP connection sometimes fail.  I’m wondering if this is a Mapi throttle issue. Try creating a Throttling Policy via following command:

New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name RCAModifiedPolicy

Set-ThrottlingPolicy RCAModifiedPolicy –RcaMaxConcurrency 100

Get-Mailbox | Set-ThrottlingPolicy -Identity " RCAModifiedPolicy"

Besides, when error occurs, can user open OWA?

If this issue persists, please try to recreate a mailbox database and move problematic mailbox to new DB for testing.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Yes,  it's works in OWA
    It's works also on a local computer (no rds), and i tried to move to another DB but it still not working.

I trying to opening  the outlook again now. 5 times its work perfectly, and in the 6 time i got the error.

I'm not sure if the outlook is the problem, because other users for well with the same outlook

• Edited by barak087 Monday, December 9, 2019 12:33 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 12:12 PM
  • As it works on a local computer, this issue seems to be related with the RDS. Are there any antivirus software running on these RDS? If yes, exit them temporarily to test the results.

Have you tested with a new RDS and install a fresh new office?

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Hey, 

There is an anti virus software (sep). but all other users works well. (50 users work well, and 3 users not)

I'll try to install new rds + new office.

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Update:
    I created a new RDS server with fresh new office, and still the same error. my test users work fine

I think this is happening after we moved to exchange 2016

Common ground: They are older users. only older users receive this message, once time yes and once time no.

• Edited by barak087 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:52 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:10 AM
  • Update:

• Edited by barak087 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:38 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-PanModerator Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by barak087 Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:34 AM
  • Update:

Glad to see that you've found a way to fix this issue. Thanks for sharing the update here. 

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

Users get following error randomly when opening Outlook client:

[Solution]

====================

Install Outlook 2013

Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:06 AM