none
In SharePoint Online List View AllItems.aspx, how to show image column so all rows show images in same size/renditionID? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

In SharePoint Online List View AllItems.aspx, how to show image column so all rows show images in same size/renditionID?

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to manage images as Picture or Document content type in a library and display them in the same size in All items view, this requirement is currently not achievable since we cannot use image renditions to edit list view.

As a workaround, you can use Thumbnails view in classic experience as this view automatically display images in the same size.

Another workaround is to show images in Publishing Image column by the following steps:

1. In a SharePoint Online site which has activated publishing features, go to Site Settings > Site columns and create an “Image with formatting and constraints for publishing” column.

2. Go to the list or library where you want to display the images and add this column to the list. Edit item property and click “Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint” under this column.

3. Select image from SharePoint in order to use image rendition. Select the same Image Rendition for all the images. Click OK and then click Save.

4. Back to the list and the images will be displayed in the same size. Please note that this workaround only works for lists in classic experience.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi Chelesa

Sorry, this will not work in my case, I have a list and not a picture library + I do not want content-editors to have to select an image rendition.

I am hoping for some CSS/JS/XSLT etc solution that can be applied on AllItems.aspx on a list.

Thanks.

• Edited by ran009 Friday, July 12, 2019 6:32 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

In that scenario, here are some posts with similar request for your reference.

Hope they can do some help.

List and change image size.

Resizing an image within a sharepoint list.

Image Renditions - Using Image Rendition in your code.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by ran009 Friday, July 12, 2019 6:34 PM
    Friday, July 12, 2019 9:56 AM