none
Retention policy for calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

A consultant activated a service that wasn't correctly configured.

The result was that all calendar items were modified and only the subject remained for one user.

Nothing has been removed from the calendar but it has been modified. No procedures for restoring with Outlook has been working for us since it only can be used for recovery of deleted items.

I have a retention policy set for all Exchange Online mailboxes and I assumed that the calendar could be restored. Is this assumption wrong? 

Friday, October 18, 2019 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Mederyd,

You may have some misunderstandings about retention tags, the function of it is doing action below:

• Delete and Allow Recovery(Need recover manually)
    • Permanently Delete
    • Move to Archive

It isn't used to retain emails. I notice that you could recover meeting/event from deleted items, so, you need to recover them manually.

This article will be help to you understand Retention tags and retention policies.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:38 AM
  • If you mean a retention policy configured in the SCC, then the copies of the modified items should still exist. Recovering them however will be a manual effort. The best you can do in terms of automatization is to check whether the Get-RecoverableItems will find any of the items in question, and if so use the Restore-RecoverableItems cmdlet to restore them: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/restore-recoverableitems?view=exchange-ps

If that doesn't work, your only option is to do an eDiscovery search, export the results to a PST file, them import them to each mailbox individually.

Monday, October 21, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Hi Mederyd,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:54 AM