none
Welcome email from "admin" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  when a welcome email is sent to a new user on a sharepoint site this is sent by admin@emea.microsoftonline.com - can this be changed to the administrator adding the user or at least an email address that will accept replies and is accessible to the admins.

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

Friday, June 4, 2010 7:10 AM

Answers

• Peter,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this behavior can not be changed.  This is largely due to our users who have SharePoint Online only licenses who will not have an Exchange Online account attached to the site, and therefore no e-maill address (in the eyes of our servers) to send the message from.  Within the message is the proper name of the person who invited the user to the account, and we would recommend advising your end user to direct their responses to that person.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:31 PM

All replies

• Peter,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this behavior can not be changed.  This is largely due to our users who have SharePoint Online only licenses who will not have an Exchange Online account attached to the site, and therefore no e-maill address (in the eyes of our servers) to send the message from.  Within the message is the proper name of the person who invited the user to the account, and we would recommend advising your end user to direct their responses to that person.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 11:31 PM
  • Thanks for the update - this is a pity.  Obviously I won't try and debate feasibility, but from a user comparison perspective services like ConstantContact allow personalised response addresses to be used.  This would be on my wishlist for the future.

Best regards,

Peter

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:53 PM