none
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my server to SP1 last night now none of the printers are showing up in devices and printers.  When I enter the command "cscript c:\windows\system32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prnmngr.vbs -l" there is no reply just hangs.  How do I get all of the printers back?
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:54 PM

Answers

• Make sure the Print Spooler service is running.

Do you have local printers?

I assume this is not a print server or you would be using tools the Windows print team built for print server administration, Print Management Console.   printmanagement.msc

If the spooler is crashing you can review the Windows logs / Applications for the WER event 1000.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Make sure the Print Spooler service is running.

Do you have local printers?

I assume this is not a print server or you would be using tools the Windows print team built for print server administration, Print Management Console.   printmanagement.msc

If the spooler is crashing you can review the Windows logs / Applications for the WER event 1000.

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:01 PM
    Answerer
  • HI
    1 do you mean we can not see all printers include build in printer(like Microsoft xps document writer) on printer server w2008r2 ?
    2 Download and run the printing troubleshooter on w2008r2.  It can fix problems with installing and connecting to a printer. (This link should open a browser page and download dialog. Select Open, and follow the steps provided in the troubleshooter.)

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 3:40 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 5:24 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:30 AM