Server components ForwardSyncDaemon and ProvisioningRps are inactive RRS feed

• Frage

• Dear All,

When i check the server component state on my exchange 2013 server i can see  ForwardSyncDaemon and ProvisioningRps are in inactive state.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-ServerComponentState lmaehamcss01

Server                                  Component                               State
    ------                                  ---------                               -----
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               ServerWideOffline                       Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               HubTransport                            Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               FrontendTransport                       Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               Monitoring                              Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               RecoveryActionsEnabled                  Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               AutoDiscoverProxy                       Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               ActiveSyncProxy                         Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               EcpProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               EwsProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               ImapProxy                               Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               OabProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               OwaProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               PopProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               PushNotificationsProxy                  Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               RpsProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               RwsProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               RpcProxy                                Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               UMCallRouter                            Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               XropProxy                               Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               HttpProxyAvailabilityGroup              Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               ForwardSyncDaemon                       Inactive
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               ProvisioningRps                         Inactive
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               MapiProxy                               Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               EdgeTransport                           Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               HighAvailability                        Active
    LMAEHAMCSS01.abc.com               SharedCache                             Active

When i try to find the requester through which the component got inactive i am not able to get any ouput i tried the below command.

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>(Get-ServerComponentState -Identity lmaehamcss01 -Component forwardsyncdaemon).LocalStates

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>

but i am able to find the requester for other components with the same command.and also what impact does this componenthave if they are not in active state?

Regards

Tom

TechGUy,System Administrator.

• Bearbeitet ITSysGuy Montag, 28. Dezember 2015 06:35 grammar
    Montag, 28. Dezember 2015 06:26

Antworten

• Yes this might happen at times after the upgrade the components going to inactive state in few cases where the upgrade is not done without putting the DAG in maintenance mode

You can use the below commands to bring those components to the Active state and things will be fine 

Set-ServerComponentState -Component ForwardSyncDaemon -Identity EXCHANGE-SERVER -Requester Functional -State Active

Set-ServerComponentState -Component ProvisioningRps -Identity EXCHANGE-SERVER -Requester Functional -State Active

However these 2 components are not required in pure on premise deployment and they will be inactive  state by default in pure onpremise deployment.

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016 09:08

Alle Antworten

• Hi 

Did you perform any recent update on the servers ?

You can use the below commands to bring those components to the Active state

Set-ServerComponentState -Component ForwardSyncDaemon -Identity EXCHANGE-SERVER -Requester Functional -State Active

Set-ServerComponentState -Component ProvisioningRps -Identity EXCHANGE-SERVER -Requester Functional -State Active

However these 2 components are not required in pure on premise deployment and they will be inactive  state by default in pure onpremise deployment.

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016 06:26
  • Thanks Satish,

Yes i updated CU 10 on my exchange 2013 server, and the other day all the email flow was stopped ,i had to take support from Microsoft, as i was not aware of server component in exchange 2013 ,they found out all the component were in inactive sate,they resolved the issue for me ,but told me to monitor the components frequently.

while monitoring i found this 2 components inactive.

Regards

Tom

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016 06:32
  • Yes this might happen at times after the upgrade the components going to inactive state in few cases where the upgrade is not done without putting the DAG in maintenance mode

You can use the below commands to bring those components to the Active state and things will be fine 

Set-ServerComponentState -Component ProvisioningRps -Identity EXCHANGE-SERVER -Requester Functional -State Active

Sonntag, 3. Januar 2016 09:08
  • Please correct the word "Fuctional" to "Functional" in both commands
    Montag, 31. Oktober 2016 04:57
  • Hi Sathish, 

Good article , it's working 

Thanks 

Montag, 3. Juli 2017 03:59
  • Hi,

In a purely on-premises deployment, these components don't need to active. They are inactive by default and have no use in on-premises deployment.

ForwardsyncDaemon is used in O365 space, to push azure AD replication for the newly provisioned servers in cloud.

ProvisioningRps is provisioning end point for Remote Powershell when new server is provisioned in the cloud 0365.

Donnerstag, 12. Oktober 2017 13:43
  • Just wondering: those services being inactive, could that cause migration batches to be stuck in O365?
    Montag, 26. November 2018 09:41