none
Faulting Application Name:w3wp.exe RRS feed

• Question

• This error is on IIS Version 8(Windows 2012) with Event ID: 1000

Faulting application name: w3wp.exe, version: 8.0.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x5010885f
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950
    Exception code: 0xc0020001
    Fault offset: 0x00014b32
    Faulting process id: 0x13f38
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d55069100abcf3
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: d5dc5e35-c42d-11e9-9491-0a0c36192bb4
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Can someone please guide us through the right steps to fix this and also a valid explanation. Struggling a while now on this.

Thank you.

• Edited by RoshanReddy Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:42 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:40 AM

All replies

• You'll likley need to debug your coding.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18335678/how-to-debug-w3wp-clr-dll-error

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

We can run SFC /scannow command to scan the integrity of operating system files.

Since the latest version of Faulting module KERNELBASE.dll is 6.2.9200.22753, please install the following update to update this module: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512512/windows-server-2012-update-kb4512512

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Hello Yilia Zhao, 

I have inserted the output of the scan which seems like its corrupted. This server was cloned and launched with out a sysprep prior and the the server from which this machine was cloned was (parent)terminated. Would you please guide me through next steps to perform considering this a production box and also any other tasks needs to be performed like SID registry clean up etc? This seems to be KERNELBASE.dll causing the issue.

Thank you.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:26 PM
  • The much safer / cleaner method would be to stand up a new one, patch it fully and migrate roles / application over.

https://www.iis.net/downloads/community/2013/04/iis-easy-migration-tool-iemt

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:29 PM
  • Hey Dave, appreciate your response.

This seems to be a KERNELBASE.dll issue but the one you have refereed to Faulting module name: clr.dll.

Do you want tot review this agin and let me know if anything changed from previous assumption?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:29 PM
  • Hey Dave, appreciate your response.

This seems to be a KERNELBASE.dll issue but the one you have refereed to Faulting module name: clr.dll.

Do you want tot review this agin and let me know if anything changed from previous assumption?

Thanks.

I replied below.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:31 PM