none
Publish major version with standard workflow and no content approval RRS feed

• Question

• I've run in to a bit of a problem with content approval. The requirement of the customer states that there should be a possibility to run a approval workflow on any document.

The tricky part is that this will only hapen on maybe one in thousand documents. All other should be considered as already approved. They would prefer not to run "Publish" on each and every document, so they would prefer not to have content approval activated on the list. This, however, changes the behaviour of the standard approval workflow, as it won't publish a major version in the last step (It runs as it should in all other aspects).

So, I need to get the major version published when the standard approval wf is completed on a library with content approval is disabled. What would be the best approach for this?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:24 AM

Answers

• Thanks, but that's not what I'm after. I have no trouble triggering the workflow.

What I'm asking is what would be the best approach to publish a major version when using the standard approval workflow in a library with content approval set to "No". Right now I'm leaning to maybe creating a custom activity in VS and inject it in a copy of standard approval workflow. But if somebody knows this would be a bad idea or know something that would be a better approach I would be greatful.

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:07 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:48 AM

All replies