none
Move-SPUser : Value cannot be null.Parameter name: userProfileApplicationProxy At line:1 char:12 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

While I running below command getting error:

Command:  

$user = Get-SPUser -web "site url" -Identity "i:0#.w|olddomain\001"
    Move-SPUser -IgnoreSID -Identity $user -NewAlias "i:0#.w|newdomain\001"

Error:

Move-SPUser : Value cannot be null.Parameter name: userProfileApplicationProxy At line:1 char:12

+ Move-SPUser <<<<  -IgnoreSID -Identity $user -NewAlias "i:0#.w|newdomain\001"

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...PCmdletMoveUser:

SPCmdletMoveUser) [Move-SPUser], ArgumentNullException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletMoveUser

Please give solution

Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Jio333,

The cause of this issue is that the current user does not have access to the User Profile Service Application.

To resolve this issue, go to Central Administration> Manage Service Applications > Select the User Profile Service Application (Don’t click the link) > Click “Permissions” tab on the ribbon > Add the current user account, and give him “Full Control”.

Then run the SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator, check if the issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Jio333,

The cause of this issue is that the current user does not have access to the User Profile Service Application.

To resolve this issue, go to Central Administration> Manage Service Applications > Select the User Profile Service Application (Don’t click the link) > Click “Permissions” tab on the ribbon > Add the current user account, and give him “Full Control”.

Then run the SharePoint Management Shell as Administrator, check if the issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Hi Linda,

I tried it, its not working 

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:52 AM