none
Problem in configuring exchange 2007 email server in outlook of office 365-2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I bought Office-365 latest version for Mac (2016) on 29th Dec 2016 and installed the same in a recently purchased Mac Book Air. Everything is fine except configuring exchange 2007 email system in the latest outlook from Office-365.

Unfortunately, using email was the only objective to buy this Office 365 software and I am unable to use that.

Spoke to the technical support centre several times but they couldn't provide me any solution. The IT team in my organisation has suggested me to downgrade this office-365 to Office 2011 for Mac so that the exchange 2007 emails can be configured. 

I need an immediate support / recommendation from your end. Kindly advice at the earliest.

Thanks in advance, Subhro Ghosh / India

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Subhro Ghosh,

I'm afraid it's not supported to connect Outlook 2016 for Mac to Exchange 2007. To fix the issue, we only have two choices:

• Uninstall Office 2016 for Mac and then install the Office 2011 for Mac version.
    • Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or company email server administrator about your email account to ask them if they plan to upgrade their Exchange Server to a newer version.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 5:40 AM