none
Sharepoint and Windows Service RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows service that I am trying to use to access a MOSS 2007 to set data in list ,

WHen my server attempts to access the same share I get an access denied error.

On my local machine I can do everything but on our windows 2008 server it cannot. I can't get any other information other than 'access denied' so is there a way to get a more detailed error or trace what is happening?

So again:
    In windows 2003 I can access the list  windows service cannot
    On my local machine (XP) the service can access the share.

that's general Exception I have :

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event

• Changed type hussam Dabbas Monday, July 19, 2010 12:40 PM l
    • Moved by Serge Luca [MVP]MVP Monday, July 19, 2010 1:42 PM sp 2007 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Monday, July 19, 2010 12:26 PM

Answers

• Hussam - we has a similar issue you might try and check the IIS Authentication Providers listed on your server / web host make sure that you NTLM listed as the primary provider.
    • Proposed as answer by Seven M Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, July 30, 2010 3:24 AM
    Monday, July 19, 2010 12:42 PM