none
problems installing sharepoint 2016 on Windows Server 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Sharepoint and SQL in separate machines. It is a single farm installation. However, when I created Search service application and its proxy and clicked on the service, the page shows "Page not found".

I have encountered this in two other computers. It seems that the webadminwebpart or something like this does not get installed and some other features as well. Why is this happening? 

Sunday, November 10, 2019 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Helm,

Make sure Search Host Controller Service and SharePoint Server Search is started via CA->Manage services on server.

And try to activate a hidden feature using command below:

Enable-SPFeature SearchAdminWebParts -url <central admin URL>

If the feature is already enabled, you need to disable the feature first and then enable it.

Disable-SPFeature SearchAdminWebParts -url <central admin URL>

Enable-SPFeature SearchAdminWebParts -url <central admin URL>

Run IISReset and check again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hi Grace WR,

It seemed that the feature had not been installed at all. I run the Enable-SPFeature, but it did not find it. So, I checked the features folder and there it was. I ran install-spfeature -path "SearchAdminWebParts" and it installed it.

Now my question is why it did not install it in the first place? What else could have been left out?

Monday, November 11, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi Helm,

To find the root cause which "SearchAdminWebParts" feature is not installed when configure SharePoint farm, I suggest you find the configuration log after you run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:47 AM