none
items delete instead of ungroup RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Visio 2002 for over 20 years at work, I routinely copy images from Adobe Illustrator and paste them into my Visio drawing and then ungroup the image. Suddenly last month the ungroup command didn't work anymore. When I click ungroup the images disappear. My IT guy tried re-installing Visio for me and that didn't work and he's tried getting rid of recent Microsoft updates but that hasn't worked. Trying to work around using the ungroup command really is hampering my output  at work. We can't think of a solution. Does anyone know of any reason why this is happening and how to fix the problem?
    Monday, June 17, 2019 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, support for Visio 2002 ended on 7/12/2011. 

Because Microsoft has stopped the Visio 2002 update, Visio 2002 will not receive any fixes. Changes to the operating system may also cause inevitable and unrepairable problems with older versions of the software. For a better experience, we recommend that you use the latest version of Visio products.

Can you use the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+U to ungroup the shape? Alternatively, run the Visio Setup program, and then click Repair. Does the issue still occur?

If you have any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.  Please remember to mark my reply as answer. Your action will help us archive this thread.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 6:58 AM
  • I doubt the shape is being deleted, but when you ungroup maybe the sub-shapes are being distrubuted wide around the page.

Open the Explorer Window (you may need to enable Developer Mode to see this) and see what shapes are on the page.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:24 AM
  • I’ve tried ungroup if as you described but it didn’t work. Unfortunately this software ties into our manufacturing process at work and is not easily updated without upsetting lot of other processes.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:36 AM
  • I thought the same as you and looked for the shapes spread around page but that’s not the case, the items are definitely gone.
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it? This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Can you email me a sample?

paul

at

paulherber

.co.uk

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:54 PM