none
How to deploy an IMAP account with the installation of Office 365 to automation server RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a IMAP/o365 account automatically with the installation of Office for UI automation testing. It seems that older version of the Office Configuration Tool would allow for profiles to be created with the image. Is this possible with Office 365 or 2019? config.office.com didn't allow for a configuration.xml to include any profile settings. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Friday, March 29, 2019 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'll do some research and reply you later.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Hi,

According to my research, there seems to be no option to include profile settings in the configuration.xml.

As far as I know, profiles are saved in the registry. We can export related registry to .reg file and then deploy it to another device. The registry key locates in the following path:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\<version>\Outlook\Profiles

Besides, ZeroConfigExchange registry key can automatically configure profile based on Active Directory Primary SMTP address. Please refer to this official article.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the workaround is helpful to you. If yes, it's recommended to mark it as answer. 

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:03 AM