none
How To Schedule a Task on Resume From Sleep? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to run a batch file when Vista resumes from sleep.  What "Trigger" do I use in Task Scheduler to accomplish this?  Seeing as I have to log on after the computer wakes from sleep, I tried the "At Logon" trigger but this doesn't seem to work for some reason.

I'm assuming that I need to use the "On An Event" trigger, but I don't know which one to use.  Any help is appreciated.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:51 PM

Answers

• Old question, but it was the top result for my search and didn't have an answer so heres what I found to run a Scheduled task after a resume from sleep. 

I used a custom event with the following settings:

Begin the task: "On an event"

Log: System

Source: Power-Troubleshooter

Event ID: 1

I tried a few test sleeps and it seems to run the task like I wanted.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:21 PM

All replies

• Old question, but it was the top result for my search and didn't have an answer so heres what I found to run a Scheduled task after a resume from sleep. 

I used a custom event with the following settings:

Begin the task: "On an event"

Log: System

Source: Power-Troubleshooter

Event ID: 1

I tried a few test sleeps and it seems to run the task like I wanted.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Hey, you from 2008, it's me from 2015, here to tell you that you are awesome and grant ya an overdue point. Your "tricks" works perfectly.

Just to let you know, we now have a thing called Windows 8.1, soon to become windows 10 but nothing has changed, really. Your old tricks for Vista still work.

See ya in 2025 for Windows 16K ultra3D virtuaHD and still the same registry hacks / scheduler tweaks.

Monday, May 18, 2015 5:00 PM
  • Hey from 2018! Great! The trick works on Windows 10

Sultan

Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:50 AM