none
setting default tabs to same sharepoint server causing issues. RRS feed

• General discussion

• We recently consolidated our separate SharePoint sites to one corporate SharePoint farm .   Corporate has their site as the primary landing page. To get to my divisional sites quickly, rather than navigating from the corporate landing page, i added the 2 additional tabs at startup on the client browser side to our local SharePoint page(s).   Since then, when i open the browser, it seems like the corporate SharePoint server is getting confused when authenticating (Single Sign on) each of the pages, eventually times out, or doesn't display tabs, or show 3 of the same page.. all kinds of weirdness. Or just closing the browser a couple times fixes it..  not all the time though. 

can you help me out?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi sidneyll, 

You said "i added the 2 additional tabs at startup on the client browser side to our local SharePoint page(s)." Please offer a screenshot about where you add the tabs.

Add the site into trusted site, set ‘Automatic logon with current user name and password in Local intranet zone and Trusted sites of IE:

Internet options->Security->Local intranet/Trust sites->Custom level->choose "Automatic logon with current user name and password" in Local intranet zone and Trusted sites:

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Also, i tried this with chrome, & Edge too.. same weird results
    Friday, September 13, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi Lisa,

I did go through the above Internet settings,  and verified correctness. 

Thanks

Friday, September 13, 2019 2:24 PM