none
Outlook Hangs upon Sending / Receiving and re-retreives and re-sends messages RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, There is a possibility that you all have dealt with this before, but I have not and I am looking for some advice.

I have a few outlook clients that have this reoccuring problem The first one is outlook 2007 on windows vista with sp1 and the second is outlook 2010 on windows 7 sp0

Both will randomely hang in the sending/receiving indefinitely until I cancel the send/receive and close the program. Even after closing the small outlook icon remains in the system tray and is unresponsive..

Both configurations are pop3 and not linked to an exchange server.

I have been able to fix the problem temporarily by logging onto the webmail for that user and moving all of the messages out of the inbox and performing a send/receive. If I take this approach I can push the messages in the inbox a few at a time, but I will still have 1 that hangs up the whole deal.

Otherwise if I do nothing the whole process will restart every time and re-send any messages in the outbox every time the user restarts outlook and tries a send/rcv.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 11:27 PM

Answers